Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Can't help but massage


On Sunday I went to Rosemary Farm, a sanctuary and rescue for horses in the Catskills of New York. It's one of my favorite places to be. It's very zen hanging out with the horses and I love to photograph them. My daughter and I try to lend a hand to help out while we're there too.


Dawn runs the sanctuary, volunteering full time to make sure that the horses are happy and healthy. When the sun went down and temperatures dropped, the chores were still not done yet. I knew that if we tried to help, we'd only slow her down and given how cold it was, waiting inside next to the fire was much more appealing. So while we waited, I of course was interacting with her pets.

Her dogs are getting up there in age and I was able to massage them all to some degree. Sadie is the queen bee of the household and once she figured out what that massage stuff was all about, she claimed me as her own! The other dogs weren't allowed to come near me as she kept offering me places to massage.

I wish I lived closer so I could keep giving Sadie the relief she was looking for! I'm glad that even though I couldn't help my friend get done with her chores any faster, I was able to help her dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment